Managing Custom Time Series
Users can upload data not found in the Windham Time Series database via one of two methods.
(1) The Time Series Utility allows users to manage and add proprietary data (returns) for use in the WPA.
(2) The Excel Add-in allows users to upload custom data directly from within Microsoft Excel.
WPA Custom Time Series Excel Add-in
The WPA uses XML flat files to persist database structures. This facilitates local storage and security management for end-users in accordance with their organizational security policies.
The main database file is named tsdocument.xml and is typically found
<User's Documents Folder>\Windham Files\v3.0\Time Series\tsdocument.xml
The custom Time Series databases are produced using the Time Series Utility or using the Excel Add-in which saves database as .xml files. The default file name for the custom database is
Users can also create and maintain custom databases in any location of their choosing and can select any filename for this database.
The WPA would need to be configured to the location of your custom time series XML database.
Specifying your custom managed time series database file
- 1.Go to the Options screen within the File menu
- 2.Browse to the location of your custom time series file in the Custom Time Series Location field
- 3.Select your custom time series data file (*.xml)
- 4.Save your selection and refresh the database